Doha, Qatar Chamber 19 Nov , 2017
Qatar Chamber has announced that the National Mattresses Factory (MATNAFLEX ) is supporting the ‘Made in Qatar 2017’ exhibition as golden Sponsor.
The expo, slated on December 14 to 17, is organized by Qatar Chamber, in cooperation with the Ministry of Energy and Industry on a 20,000sqm area at the Doha Exhibition and Convention Centre.
Qatar Chamber director-general Saleh bin Hamad al-Sharqi and MATNAFLEX CEO Fahd Al-Emadi s signed the sponsorship agreement at the Chamber’s headquarters last week.
Al-Emadi said: “We are very keen on taking part in the “Made in Qatar” due to the great role it plays in promoting the local products. We had supported the all previous editions of the expo.”
He noted that the expo comes this year within a siege imposed on the country, while praising the Emir’s recent address which highlighted the importance of supporting the local products and industry in general.
“The exhibition highly contributes increasing the awareness on local products and exploring new investment ideas that benefit the national economy,” said Al-Emadi.
Al-Sharqi expressed his thanking to MATNAFLEX for its continuous support of “Made in Qatar” from the first edition, noting that the expo strongly contributes to broadening new horizons of cooperation Qatari companies and businessmen and offering an ideal chance to promote the high quality local products.
PROFILE OF MATNAFLEX
Being established in 1987 , Matnaflex is considered the first factory in Qatar for manufacturing medical mattresses and furnishings.
The factory is an offshoot of Al Jameel Holding Group which was established 1957 by the founder Mohamed Abdul Raheem El Amady .
The factory compromises of many sections :
- Medical furnishings manufacturing section
- Beds section.
- Sofas , Arabic Majles and upholstery section
- Project section which is responsible for implementing orders of hotels , residential compounds and luxurious apartments.
- Quality and production supervision section
- Medical mattresses section.
In 2000 , the National Sponge Factory was established as a complementary to the current factory for manufacturing all different types of sponges .
It consists of several sections:
- Sponge Manufacturing section in all densities and pressures.
- Medical spongy and normal mattresses .
- Arabic spongy Majles according to the required sizes and types.
- Quilts, bedspreads and medical pillows section.
The factory further produces and manufactures fire resistant sponge according to international standards.
Production lines are all equipped by modern machinery from America and Europe to suit all international standards in terms of taste and quality.
The production capacity of the factory in all sections reached more than 1500 pieces fulfilling the local market requirements .
New markets will be opened in the GCC.
There is a plan to expand the current factory which is considered the second expansion to be made .
A new factory is expected to be established in 2017.
The factory branches across Qatar are:
- Salwa Road Branch – Nasser Bin Khaled complex.
- New South Souq Al Khamees & Gumaa’ Showroom.
- Mansoura Showroom
- Relax Bed Showroom , Airport Road
- Gharafa Showroom
- Rayyan Showroom (Shafi Street)
- New showroom is under construction in Twar mall
There are plans for building new showrooms to cover other parts in Qatar and to meet the requirements of customers wherever they are.
MATNAFLEX is one of the branches of the Al Jameel Holding Group, which includes:
- Al Jameel Furniture Showroom.
- National Mattresses Factory.
- National Sponge & Furnishings factory
- Golden Line Furniture & Decoration Factory
- Al Jameel Curtains
- Midas Furniture (Qatar Branch) Salwa Road
- Relax Bed, however
- Al Jameel gallery
- Final Touches Co.
About 600 employees are working in the factory various sectors to meet all tastes and levels satisfactions.
This post is also available in: العربية